Thursday 24 May 2007

Bing Bong

“Can I interest you, sir, in some fine antique stamps?”
Asked the man who stood inside my porch,
“Or maybe some hand crafted dream catching things,
Or this durable all-plastic torch?

“I see you’re a man of discerning fine taste
So I’ll bother you not with these nick knacks,
Instead can I show you our exciting new range
Of disposable hand-crafted backpacks?

“Or maybe instead I can grab your attention
By divulging the contents of my briefcase,
Each item you’ll see is a one of a kind
And all hand-crafted, so you should certainly make haste!

“Alright, sir, I see by that look on your face
That you have no time for such surplus fancies,
So I’ll cut to the chase and go in for the kill
Will you buy some hand-crafted Scout cookies?”

I bought ten, I think they were cinnamon.

(c) 2007, Neil Gardner

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still one of my favourites - COOKIES COOKIES COOKIES!